In every class, there is at least one student who simply stands out from the rest. S/he is enthusiastic, motivated, bright, and just gets fired up by learning about Anatomy and Physiology. S/he is authentically interested in what you have to say and treats the learning experiences you offer as the amazing opportunities they really are. These rare students often fuel you through each semester, and they truly make teaching the incredibly rewarding profession it is.
HAPS not only values its teaching members, but it values the students who inspire and fuel these fantastic teachers. So if you have (or had) a student this year (2014-15) who is particularly exceptional, consider nominating her/him for the Primal Pictures-HAPS Scholarship.
The goal of this scholarship is to promote excellence in anatomy and physiology, encourage innovation and celebrate learning. The winning student will receive a cash award of $1000, free entry to the Annual Conference in San Antonio, and up to $1100 for reimbursement of travel expenses.
Please consider nominating one of your best students for this award.
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE BY TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd.
- be teaching at an accredited institution in the US or Canada
- have at least two years of Human A&P or Human Biology (broadly defined) teaching experience
- have direct knowledge of the student being nominated and be able to explain why the nominee deserves this award.
- a degree-seeking student enrolled full-time at an accredited higher education institution in the US or Canada during the 2014-2015 academic year
- enrolled in at least one Human A&P or Human Biology course in the 2014-2015 academic year
- a person who would benefit from attending the HAPS Annual Conference
Award recipients will receive their award at the HAPS Membership Meeting on May 25, 2015 and must be present to receive the award.