In 1994 the HAPS Executive Committee initiated a program of modest grants, scholarships, and awards for anatomy and/or physiology faculty and their students. These awards support the mission statement of the Society, which is to promote excellence in the teaching of human anatomy and physiology. Applications for all grants, scholarships, and awards must be submitted online. Links to online applications, eligibility, and additional information can be found on each grant-specific webpage.
The submission deadline for all the scholarships listed below is December 1, 2017. Some of the applications require letters of recommendation, so now is a great time to check them out.
Click on a grant or scholarship to see if you qualify!
- HAPS-Thieme Excellence in Teaching Award: To recognize and reward excellence in undergraduate A&P instruction. Award winners will be nominated by colleagues and will demonstrate the core values of HAPS.
- Gail Jenkins Teaching and Mentoring Award: This is an annual award for a HAPS member who demonstrates use of engaging learning activities to help students truly understand and retain the more difficult Anatomy and Physiology concepts with kinesthetic and active learning strategies using inexpensive everyday props. The award is also designed to recognize those willing to mentor other instructors to also incorporate active learning to benefit more students.
- The ADInstruments Sam Drogo Technology in the Classroom Award: For the innovative use of technology to engage undergraduates in human anatomy and physiology. Three awards are available, all is sponsored by ADInstruments, but use of ADInstruments equipment or software is not required.
- Robert Anthony Scholarship for New Instructors in A&P: To encourage faculty during their first five (5) years of teaching anatomy and physiology to network with seasoned professionals by attending the HAPS Annual Conference.
- Contingent Faculty Scholarship: To encourage contingent faculty to network with seasoned professional by attending the HAPS Annual Conference. (Click here for definition of contingent faculty.)
- HAPS Graduate Student/Post Doctoral Travel Award: For graduate students or postdoctoral students to attend and present a poster or workshop at the HAPS Annual Conference.
The deadline to submit your application for any of the above scholarships is December 1st. So go on and get started!