Fundamentally we just want this to be a nice place. There are plenty of rules below in case you are not sure what that means in practice:
- Comment authors agree to grant HAPS permanent license to use any content posted to the HAPSblog
- Comment authors may not use the HAPSblog to:
- Conduct or promote outside business activities
- Promote or advertise commercial products regardless of whether they are related to teaching or unrelated to teaching.
- Defame or cause defamation to the character of any individual, organization, or institution
- Divulge personal information about students nor any personally identifiable information about students.
- Release any information that jeopardizes student safety or comfort in any way.
When contributing your views to this blog, please be mindful of civil conduct and ensure that you:
- do represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person;
- do not be abusive, harass or threaten others;
- do not make defamatory or libelous comments;
- do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language;
- do not use obscene or offensive language;
- do not post material to the blog that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- do not post multiple versions of the same view to the blog;
- do not promote commercial interests in your posts to the blog regardless of whether they are used in teaching or not
- do not post any information that personally identifies students
- do not post any information that jeopardizes the safety or comfort of any student
Do not post anything which:
- racially or religiously vilifies others,
- incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimization or hatred towards others, or
- is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, color, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability;
Posts or comments that do not comply (or do not appear to comply) with the above points will be removed from the forum and users responsible for those may be blocked from further posts to the HAPSblog.